Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14 - Eyes


“If someone says something about your art that makes you feel bad, disregard it and joyfully make more art.”

~ Gayle Wray

This was some playing I was doing with Dennis Bauyon's dragonfly eye.

I knew it would work well as flesh and as an open eye, but I had seen some images posted recently (TwisTEE maybe?) where they used a similar technique with the same color balloon and it looks like closed eyes.

I colored both of them, but got the face a little lopsided in the other so I redrew it upside down for extra practice before this one.  I had a marker go rogue when making the right (left) eye - but it gave sort of goth mascara look so I added a skull headband.

This vacation reel shot is me packed and ready to leave.  I had an early flight which meant I had to be checked out and at the airport by 4am.  The final day, the awards ceremony and I left early to sleep. 🍺🍻PARTY!






Other balloon designs from Bling Bling Jam 2017:


Other balloon designs from Dennis:

Show All

1 comment: