Wednesday, August 30, 2017

August 30 - Eric's Mario


"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll."

~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Eric Weinstein has released a good number of tutorials on both video and PDF, ranging from very detailed distortion techniques to quickly built linework items.

This is from a recent video series of his called "Party Delights" which contains some popular but quickly built designs.  Each of these has a bit of Eric's flair and he proves he can build each of them in under three minutes.

This Mario is designed to be wrist wearable, but could easily be made into a standing figure.

After building Mario, I thought to try for Luigi - but even with a thinner face and longer jaw I don't think I got the bean shape well enough, it looks like a green Mario to me, which is why I went for another attempt at one and built Fire Mario.






Other balloon designs by Eric:

1 comment: