Tuesday, August 29, 2017

August 29 - Daniel Tiger


It's Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
A land of make-believe
Won't you ride along with me (ride along)
It's Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
So much to do, so much to see
Won't you ride along with me (ride along)

~ It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Happy Birthday Geo!

The third balloon I've made for people who won the auctions at our school gala is this Daniel Tiger.  This was a centerpiece for a birthday party the last weekend.

I had not heard of Daniel Tiger before this - but the internet provided plenty of information.  This is a program produced by the Fred Rogers Company and based on the Neighborhood of Make Believe from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. It's goal is to teach emotional intelligence and respect using guidelines set forth by Fred Roger's research in child development. This isn't just a goofy cartoon - this is the good stuff.

I had made a prototype face but had a crazy busy day - and the night I was going to build this I didn't get started until about midnight. There are things I would do different upon building it again. The stuffed geo head worked great for a nice round head, but it is a bit overinflated and oval in the final build. Also, the top half and the bottom half are a little mismatched. Instead of having a layer of red to give a bulk to the bottom of the sweater, it might have looked better and created a better transition if it were just a 260.






1 comment: