Saturday, August 26, 2017

August 26 - Baby Roarke & Tattoo


"Smiles, everyone! Smiles!"

~ Mr. Roarke Fantasy Island

I have no way near exhausted everything that you can do with these baby faces, but I'm thinking I will draw this baby face exercise to a close.  Just like every balloon concept we've explored on this blog, I'm sure we could go one for a long while making different babies - but truth told, it's not as exciting as some other things I'd prefer to build.

I continue to waffle between liking and not liking these baby faces and I'm on a low ebb. I'm sure they are perfect for some people in certain speed twisting occasions, but since they are such a simple design, why not take the 15 seconds and draw.

So what in my opinion makes a good printed round? Either something that has enough detail that you wouldn't want to draw (Buster's Zombie, Scott Tripp's Robot, etc.), or something that you can use to accessorize whatever you are building (eyeballs, basketball, clear snowflakes, etc.)

One terrific example of that is one I don't actually have - Anthony Lena has created a baby face for the Continental Sales Private Catalog that is printed on both sides, one happy and one crying face.  I could see this used for great effect - build it while showing the crying face and swivel it around once you hand it to the child, etc.

I'm getting side-tracked. These I originally made a couple days ago while making the "dapper" babies.  I thought the first looked like baby Mr. Roarke so I went with it and built baby Tattoo using toffee.







Other babyface designs:

Show all




1 comment: