Thursday, August 3, 2017

August 3 - Lamp


John Bender: Why'd you think it'd be easy?
Brian Johnson: Have you seen some of the dopes that take shop?
Bender: I take shop. You must be a ****in' idiot!
Brian: I'm a ****in' idiot because I can't make a lamp?
Bender: No, you're a genius because you can't make a lamp.
Brian: What do you know about Trigonometry?
Bender: I could care less about Trigonometry.
Brian: Did you know without trigonometry, there'd be no engineering?
Bender: Without lamps, there'd be no light.

~ The Breakfast Club (1985)


We watched The Breakfast Club with my oldest son recently, who I think (I hope) is coming to trust that we know a thing or two about good movies and music.

This lamp was taught as companion piece to Jasmine by Brian Potvin in his Bling Bling 2017 class "A Whole New World".

So why spend the day on it?  Well, really just to point out that I not good social media.  I thought it would be a good idea to have the Bling Bling balloon logo coming out of the lamp and I rebuilt the spout like that, took the picture and promptly moved on.  If I had any sort of social media savvy, I would have already posted this - the purple pig photo today is the tweet that twasn't.  #blingblingjam2017






Other balloon designs from Bling Bling Jam 2017:


Other balloon designs from Brian Potvin:

Show All

1 comment: