Saturday, May 14, 2016

May 14 - Droid Cuties


“Robots are important also. If I don my pure-scientist hat, I would say just send robots; I'll stay down here and get the data. But nobody's ever given a parade for a robot. Nobody's ever named a high school after a robot. So when I don my public-educator hat, I have to recognize the elements of exploration that excite people. It's not only the discoveries and the beautiful photos that come down from the heavens; it's the vicarious participation in discovery itself.”
~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

May the Fourteenth be with you!

This fourth installment marks and end of this batch of Corinne Sparkles Smith character cuties.  I hadn't forgotten, and what Star Wars anything would be complete without our ever-present artificial companions?

R2-D2 and BB8 instructions were shown in the video series, but she must have opted not to include C-3PO for some reason.  He was in the crowd shot of the characters though so I pulled up a freeze frame and tried to copy as best I could.  BB8 looks great in form, that one takes a lot of sharpie.

Also, since this is the last installment of these charcter cuties I figure I would include a couple that didn't quite work out - Ackbar and Greedo.

I used a different tail when creating Jabba, I was so excited to have a use for those chubby wavy balloons.

You'll be malfunctioning within a day,
you nearsighted scrap pile!


"It's a fail!"

Let's head over to Pizza the Hutt


Other posts with Corinne's designs:


Show all

1 comment: