Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 26 - Kiwi


That the birds of worry and care fly over your head, this you cannot change, but that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. ~ Proverb

I'm still having fun working my way through this issue of Balloon Magic magazine #83 -- this time it's Realistic Kiwi by Pippity Pop.

I know very little about kiwis, I don't even know if you're supposed to peel the fruit or just eat it like a peach, but I did look up some images for comparisons sake and this is pretty much spot on -- yes, I looked in the kiwi wiki (hehe).  This poor bird really is just a small round balloon with a beak.  Hopefully nature compensated for its flightlessness in some unseen way, because it seems like it is really just the equivalent of popcorn in the animal kingdom.

Now that I'm reviewing the pictures I see that I didn't connect the feet properly, which would hide his wing-doodle at the attachment point better.  Also, I am learning to love marriage twisting in sections at manipulation points -- it was really easy to maneuver the feet into the correct position regardless.



Kiwi Herman

One kiwi can't fly, maybe toucan?

He looks like a hairy potato to me!



Other posts with Pip's designs:


Show all

1 comment: