Sunday, May 15, 2016

May 15 - Drum


Life is about rhythm.  We vibrate, our hearts our pumping blood, we are a rhythm machine.  That's what we are.
~ Mickey Hart

The second of the bonus video for the Balloon Blast Show Rubber Band is a drum.

The drum starts out the same way as the banjo. On my second build I once again accidentally made the drum portion a little bigger, but this time I used a 350 outer ring and it looks much better filling that area and gives a nice tight fit so that both sides of the drum look good.

This drum is designed to be the standing/marching band style, and Sam includes details on how attach the shoulders straps, but I figured they would just get in the way of the pictures.

The only real "upgrade" to the second version is that it's a cleaner second build using gold instead of yellow and I tried a different stick style.


Upgrade!

I gotta have more cowbell!


Other posts with Balloon Sam's designs:


Show all

4 comments:

  1. I think Purple Pig has found his nitch!!! Thanks for the big smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best seat in the house, between the guitar and bass!

      Delete
  2. Eaaattt Drruuuummsss eaaaatt cymbaaaals!

    ReplyDelete