Friday, May 20, 2016

May 20 - Cake Boss / Cupcake Head


Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test.
~ GLaDOS

Wednesday night our youngest spoke those words every parent dreads to hear just as they are saying goodnight.  "I need a costume by Friday."

Usually this is something that his mother handles, she's far more crafty than I am - but after we finally deduced that "Cake Boss" wasn't the TV show guy and was actually some sort of Dick Tracy-type villain with a cake for a head, this seemed to be the easiest answer!

I had seen pictures of gigantic quicklink cupcakes online, and figured I could make a smaller version. It took two attempts to get sizing right, but I'd call it arrrrgh-last-minute-give-me-more-notice-next-time success!


Cupcake²
I volunteered for the sprinkle clean-up crew!






4 comments:

  1. Best Dick Tracy-esque costume EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hat and a HUGE smile from me!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work way to think outside the box and come up with a costume

    ReplyDelete