Wednesday, May 18, 2016

May 18 - Poppy Corn


"Every once in a while, someone will mail me a single popcorn kernel that didn't pop. I'll get out a fresh kernel, tape it to a piece of paper and mail it back to them."
~ Orville Redenbacher

People have been posting Shopkins images and designs for a while, but when John Justice released his recipes at the Twister's Cookbook - it was an easy insta-buy for me.  John is an amazing balloon artist with a keen eye for details, he's also a master Sharpie artist and has a knack for taking things to the level beyond the next level.  You would do well trying to copy from him so I'm glad he's making it easy by releasing videos!

Shopkins...

I don't understand it, maybe I'm getting just getting old, but I don't understand how fads like this take on life over other things.  I've known they are cute little food creatures by the pictures I've seen, but from intensive ... casual Wiki scanning, I've learned they are small little eraser type things.  I think they actually do erase, but it seems a little cruel to be smooshing Fikly Foo the Carrot's face into your mistake.

This is really demonic marketing as well, you buy a random pack hoping for a certain character -- or at least hoping not to get the same character.  They build in rarity in both type and having variant versions, they are breeding faithful young consumers.

This one is called Poppy Corn, (from the wiki) from season 2 -  is says she likes to go to the movies. Which I think would be the last place she would ever want to be.  Don't people grab her hair?  Eat her friends?   Morbid!

BUT .. denying most and only allowing certain truths to resonate, this is a pretty cute little popcorn thingy.  John goes into great detail demonstrating not only the balloon creation, but also the facial artwork and "twister tips" as he shows the model.


I'm a variant!


Let me just pop in the middle of you two!




Other posts with John's designs:


Show all

2 comments: