Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 24 - Mouse

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.

~ Walt Disney

The new Balloon Magic magazine came out last week - and this one features a few designs by Pip Milford-Hughes, better known as Pippity-Pop!  Pip hails from New Zealand and frequently shares her amazing arrangements on Facebook.  She has taught at numerous conventions and since I missed her at Florida Super Jam, I hope to meet her at Bling Bling Jam this year!

This adorable little mouse design uses all 160's so at times it was maddeningly frustrating to build.  There is a high use twist at that neck point that you have to wind your balloons through carefully.

I might have made the ears wrong, but there was no way I could get the inner ear to be pinch twists.  Now that I look at it though, maybe I could have rolled the balloon through and mad a fake-pinch to make them rounder.  I'm not sure it would add to the effect, but it certainly added to the frustration in a couple prior attempts. :)

I like the "hands in pockets" look the body style gives.


Alanis Moussette: ".. and the other one is giving a hi-five."
We are meece!
We come in peace!
Give us cheese!
Please!

They got excited when I called them "Pip's Squeaks"


2 comments: