Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 8 - Garden - Orchid

"Hush now, baby, baby, don't you cry
Mama's gonna check out all your
      girlfriends for you
Mama won't let anyone dirty get through
Mama's gonna wait up till you get in
Mama will always find out where you've been
Mamma's gonna keep baby healthy and clean
Ooooh, babe, ooooh, babe, ooooh, babe
You'll always be a baby to me"


Happy Mothers Day!

Today Mothers all over are waking up to flowers, 2500 miles away I send these instead and will build something bigger when you arrive!

My mom.  A garden is completely appropriate design to build for my mother, who has the greenest thumb you can imagine.  At one point while growing up we lived in Colorado with about a 30' x 30' garden.  This thing was huge, and heavily used - I remember on the few occasions I had to water by hand it felt like I stood there hours.










Recently she's taken to converting their tiny suburban back lawn into her own private jungle paradise, but not stopping there she has a windowsill full of orchids.

My mom is quite possibly the Mother Nature.

I love you, Mom!  Up to the sky, around the world - to infinity and back again!






This design is all Helen Budinger.

Helen is a fantastic person, so supportive of not just me - but to all of us timidly bearing our souls with our art.  I credit her with giving me the confidence to bring those first few balloons in to school and work, I remember that nervous or embarrassed feeling as I imagined people thinking "why would I want that?"   Now if I show up where I have set balloon precedent empty handed ... I gots some splainin' to do.

Helen is my favorite person to learn any balloon technique from, because it means I'm seeing her in person.  She has never taught a balloon class or released any instructions, but has taught so much and is so helpful in the convention jam rooms that she deserves an instructors badge anyways!

She is also the one of the reasons I use Facebook again, about once a week Helen shares another inspirational image from her balloon garden - oftentimes a beautiful blooming balloon bouquet scene.  I have a folder full of these saved to attempt at some point, but this is the first time I've tried anything.



Other posts with Helen's designs:


Show all

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME work!! Thank you Mason!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry. They're beautiful! I love you, Mason! Up to the sky, around the world - to infinity and back again!

    ReplyDelete