Friday, May 6, 2016

May 6 - Light Side Cuties


Life isn't one-dimensional. The world isn't simply divided into good versus evil. I think we are all capable of both.

~ Alexander Skarsgard

We are keeping with the Star Wars theme, this time Corinne Sparkles Smith shows us her light side Character Cuties (link). Now that I've made a few of these already, its very easy to see how you could use this form to create pretty much any simplified version of any character.

I was unable to get a good sized ear from a 360, they always looked so big - my first attempt at Luke ended up looking like Sherman the Elf Baby New Year.

One thing I did this time was use glow sticks for lightsabers. But with the lights on, the glow wasn't visible and trying to take a picture with low lights just ended up blurry and bad.  It looks great in their hands in person, but you'll just have to take my word for that until I can figure out how to capture that glow.

I also tried my hand at building Mace Windu with this technique ... I thought he would be fairly recognizable in simple form and the only with a purple lightsaber. (Don't get me started on that purple lightsaber though ...)





Sherman the Elf Baby New Year

I got big buns and I cannot lie!

Yoda one for me!

Oh I'm sorry .. Did I break your concentration?

Ignoring all previously established rules in the Star Wars
Universe, I think it's pretty.

Other posts with Corinne's designs:


Show all

4 comments:

  1. Perfect examples of why they are called cuties. Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I make of these the more I like them. They force you to think minimalistic form.

      Delete
  2. "Sherman the Elf" ! lol Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack!! .. I looked up the name, and now I realize how wrong I was. I was thinking of *Hermes* the Elf from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, but even that was wrong -- the image that stuck with me was actually from Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Baby New Year. Old brain...

      Delete