Friday, May 27, 2016

May 27 - Owl


Back to the howling old owl in the woods
Hunting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick road
~ Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

This owl is the last design in Eric Weinstein's Live Balloon's Volume 6.  This Birds and Beaks pdf was a nice initial foray in to world of distortion.  Each is a simple self-contained wrapper around a structure - and are a relatively low "weird" balloon commitment, a few beak colored 646s.   I can't wait ... and I'm terrified to reach Volume #8!

This design in particular hearkens back to that classic Weinstein chubby-cheek style, it's probably the easiest/cheapest of the beak distortions in the set, so I'm not sure why it's included last in the book.  Eric draws on feathers, but I'm not sure I like the look of a fully scribbled on balloon or that it's necessary.  I improvised on the feet a little, but I was able to get them to stand on their own fairly easily.


Seriously, what is Hu's last name?

We are the original angry birds!

I believe it's called irritable owl syndrome



Other posts with Eric's designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. Nice balloons, LOVE your comments! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete