Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 5 - Dark Side Cuties

Come, boy, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant rebellion. (indicating lightsaber) You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant. It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now mine.
~ Emperor Palpatine


Just in time for May the Fourth, Corinne "Sparkles" Smith has released her next installment of her "Character Cuties" line. This year we have also had Cutie Dolls and Princess Cuties. Apparently cutie is the new hotness!

Here we have four cuties from the dark side.  The cutie structure is really simple, and creates a fairly durable body that can stand easily by itself.  These do tend to rely on artwork, but Corinne goes over very clearly the simple forms to create each of these faces.

After building Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and Darth Vader from the videos, I felt inspired to try Darth Sidious.  I could use another couple attempts at his face, but wrinkly old man face is pretty forgiving.




Okay. I promise wont call you cutie!!



Other posts with Corinne's designs:


Show all

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the morning smile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased with how the lightning turned out ... I was about to give up on the idea. :)

      Delete
  2. So fun! You did great! I like your Darth Sidious! Mine probably would have looked similar... :) Thank you for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a blast with these, they are quick and fun - and very easy to imagine how you would leverage against any other character and your instructions are excellent. :)

      I'm going to try and make an extra "themed" guy with each.

      Delete