Sunday, May 29, 2016

May 29 - Lil' Chango


“Ford!" he said, "there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out.”

~ Douglas Adams
  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Lil' Chango is one of Buster Balloon's designs available at balloon-animals.com.  Monkeys are probably one of the most often created balloon animals and I already know how to make a few of them, so why spend $5 on this video?

I've heard this from many people, which is why I thought I would share the reasons why I buy/build from so many tutorials, but so as not to detract from today's post - it is a separate link.

Buster is fun to learn from, he's a big ball of goof - and shows very clearly how to construct this.  This head structure is similar to the bullfrog, and makes a very effective body, but I wasn't able to get the ears to sit in a way that I like and kept trying to force them not to droop.  Also, I would say this feels more like a "display" than "play" piece the way the arms sit around the loose neck connection.

The purple one has a Tinky-Winky look to him.  With some slight modifications this might be a very effective Teletubbie!



Tinky-Monkey

He is going to make me some slippers when he's done.


Other posts with Buster's designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. Huge hug to you and Buster!!! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete