Friday, May 13, 2016

May 13 - Vulture


"If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But only if you're serious about adopting the vulture."
~ Jack Handy

This is the next offering from Eric Weinstein's Live Balloons Volume 6 -- a vulture.

I avoided building this one for a while because it seemed pretty close to an ostrich, and I didn't imagine thrilling anyone by a surprise vulture, "I'm not saying you look of death!"   Too much explanation.

I thought the first build of the vulture (orange beak) looked a bit too tall, so I gave him shorter legs an an extra long neck the second time.  Plus I found my yellow 646's.  I toyed with the idea of glue dots to keep the shape, but in the end I don't think the straps are too noticeable. I like the head and neck, but I think he could still use a bit more body shaping, definitely bigger wings and his legs need to be position higher next build.



Keep Calm and Carrion!



Other posts with Eric's designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. Very cool!!!! I live in a semi-rural area and I had 4 of these circling overhead when I mowed last week. I like yours a LOT better!!!!

    ReplyDelete