Wednesday, December 28, 2016

December 28 - Baseball Face


What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!

~ A Clockwork Orange

Though Baseball Face sounds like a Dick Tracy villain, it's actually the next in Eric Weinstein's Live Balloons Volume 8 PDF: Faces. Technically it's not the next in order within the PDF, but this is the next progressively difficult and detailed face design and the others are celebrity faces.

One of the things I like best about this technique is the dimples it gives the chin.

I wasn't really able to get a baseball hat shape on the initial build, it looked more like a derby, so my second build I embraced it and tried to make a Droog (hence the quote).  But balloon distortion requires careful control over the amount of air you put into the stuffed balloons and I overfilled the jaw on second build so he's got a bit of a mumps face.






Recent posts with Eric's designs:


Show all


1 comment: