Monday, December 19, 2016

December 19 - Yukon Cornelius



One of my favorite movies for this holiday season is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  I've already built a number of reindeer and elves, so I thought I would try my hand at Yukon Cornelius.

Yukon Cornelius is the artic prospector and companion to Rudolph and Hermey as they travel to the Land of Misfit Toys and try to avoid the Abominable Snowmonster.  Throughout their travels he's constantly tossing his pickaxe into the air, then licking the end that ends up in the snow -- muttering a dissapointed "nothin'".  It's only at the end where this makes sense, he was actually looking for a peppermint mine.

This balloon marks one of the first characters I've attempted to design myself.  It took a number of attempts to get the head to something I was satisfied with.  I tried a few ways to make his earmuffs, but I think I like them best this way as a smooshed round.  This body is a first attempt and as with everything, there are things I would tweak to make it better next time.




3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! Turned out GREAT!!!!!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to comment and say fantastic job. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete