Sunday, December 18, 2016

December 18 - Grinch


Then he got an idea! An awful idea!
The Grinch got a wonderful, awful idea!
"I know just what to do!" The Grinch laughed in his throat.
"I'll make a quick Santy Claus hat and a coat."

~ Dr. Seuss How the Grinch Stole Christmas

There are a couple Grinch designs out there, this head is from a download by Justin Reams available at Twister's Cookbook (link).  He provides a body, but there was a body I saw posted by Sam Cremeens recently that is top notch, so I tried to downsize that to marry it to the head.

The mouth on this guy is pretty terrible.  I've tried a number of times to make a successful evil Grinch grin on this and other balloons, and failed repeatedly.  This is actually the second head I made because I bumbled up the penwork so bad on the first. .... Le sigh ....

A couple years ago I went to play paintball on a "Big Game" day - Santa vs. Grinch.  On the website I saw that in previous years people dressed up in Santa hats and garb, so I grabbed a Grinch beanie and a bright green sweatshirt --- I was the only one in costume.   It made for one of the more fantastic days of paintball - big games are very mission oriented, and when you're all in paintball masks it's very anonymous on the field.   Not so this time -- "GRIIIINCH!" became our team rally cry.  Picture suppression fire as a green gorilla sprints from the bunker to gather up some ornaments or candy canes for our side to bring back to base.  When we broke for lunch, everyone on the other team wanted to come and introduce themselves to the person who made himself the biggest target of the day.  It was pretty fantastic.



Max!  Fetch ... my ... paintball marker.

Other posts with Justin's designs: Show all

1 comment: