Tuesday, December 6, 2016

December 6 - Patrick's Cockatiel


“That the birds of worry and care fly over you head, this you cannot change, but that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent."

~ Chinese Proverb

Patrick Van de Ven has an amazing collection of birds - when I saw he had published one of his designs in Balloon Magic Magazine #57, I rushed to order it. It wasn't available but the folks at LaRocks put in a special order for me sp I was finally able to get it recently.

What I like most about the design is the way he creates the beak, it's an interesting squish to pull the folded form out of the basic shape.

One of my criteria for a good balloon for the office is for it to stand up by itself, so I made an extra grey one to bring in and take a glamour shot with Purple.  This one is nice and large and plump, and is a fun design perched on a stick like that (though I didn't get the squish as nice on that one).








Other posts with Patrick's designs:


Show all

1 comment: