Tuesday, December 20, 2016

December 20 - Heat Miser


I'm Mister Green Christmas, I'm Mister Sun.
I'm Mister Heat Blister, I'm Mister 101.
They call me Heat Miser, whatever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch.
I'm too much.

~ Heat Miser song

Another one of my favorites from the season - Heat Miser from the stop motion animated film The Year Without Santa Claus.  I have been looking forward to building this balloon all month, thankfully John Justice posted his version fairly recently - and he's such a wizard that I was content just attempting to copy his and putting a body on it.

Heat Miser is one of the sons of Mother Earth - his half-brothers being Snow Miser and North Wind.  He lives in an active volcano in the Southern Hemisphere because he prefers everything hot Hot HOT, and he is always grumpy because he feels that Santa gives his brother Snow Miser preferential treatment.

I couldn't find any good images to work with from the film, so I opted for placing him in the Nether.





Don't just stand there - Attack!


Other posts with John's designs:


Show all

1 comment: