Friday, December 23, 2016

December 23 - Christmas Bears


I do not think the measure of a civilization
is how tall its buildings of concrete are,
But rather how well its people have learned to relate
to their environment and fellow man.

~ Sun Bear of the Chippewa Tribe

I have a few more Christmas designs to share and only a couple days to do them before they are seasonally late!

CJ Nelson designed these bears as part of the package he originally made available to supporters of his kickstarter project funding the redesign of his Twister's Cookbook website, but they are also available for purchasing direction now (link).  

As always, CJ does a terrific job not only describing the construction, but also the "why" to his doing things.  I think both of these designs look fantastic, but ... and I know I'm just being fussy ... something about attaching things with glue dots always leaves me feeling a bit like I've cheated, and that the balloon is more fragile.  If I were to build these again, I might add the arms earlier in the process and attach with raisins.





Other posts with CJ's designs:


Show all

1 comment: