Monday, November 21, 2016

November 21 - Pilgrims


"Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim."

~ John Wayne The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

These pilgrims are in a group of designs CJ Nelson offers in his Pilgrim Series at The Twister's Cookbook (link). I have built the larger figures in the past, but I had never built these so I figured I'd give it a whirl.

The larger designs are a little more exciting and detailed than these. I chose these to fit with the Thanksgiving theme, and they are a very functional design and quick to assemble.  CJ is a very good teacher.

That said, I need to stop building line work style balloons, they are becoming more an exercise in posing than in building them.  In fact, if I hadn't come up with the idea to build them like they look in American Gothic, I probably would have built something else entirely.  But I couldn't resist once I thunked it.




"Hey guys!  Dinner's ready!"


Other posts with CJ's designs:


Show all

1 comment: