Friday, November 11, 2016

November 11 - Picos


Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me,
tiny dancer in my hand

~ Elton John Tiny Dancer

I just recently received my copy of Matt Falloon's Picos DVD, and barely made it through the first couple designs before I had to stop and play with it.

Matt's videos are always well produced and chock full of great designs - these are no exception. These Picos are created to fit on a hair clip or small ring or as an accessory to a larger sculpture. They're cute enough to elicit a squeal of pleasure from anyone lucky enough to receive them.

I can already tell these are going to be my new favorite thing to do with a few random scraps of balloons.  I grabbed a few out of my miscellaneous pile and made a pico-bird based on the penguin design.

I'm going to have to work on my sharpie skills if I'm going to start drawing more accurate faces on such a tiny area though!


Waddle we do?

I'm out of my cage - Polly gone.

Come on guys, you can make it! - anyone too tired should just hop on!


Other posts with Matt's designs:


Show all

1 comment: