Wednesday, November 16, 2016

November 16 - Trolls

With glasses
No glasses
Sandra’s seen a leprechaun,
Eddie touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlie found some goblins gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known
I've had to make myself.

~ Shel Silverstein Magic

Graham Lee holds a monthly contest on his website where people are invited to try his latest build.  If you purchase balloons from his website, he will include the necessary materials for the design.  This months contest was for a Troll from the new movie. I haven't seen the movie, and though I do remember these guys from my youth - I never owned one personally. I have seen a number of people asking in various balloon forums if anyone has a tutorial for making one of these, but Graham has already set it up as a months challenge weeks ago.

One of the things I really appreciate about Graham's designs is that he includes his earlier attempts at coming up with a design, it's oftentimes a fascinating evolution.

My first attempt I tried drawing the face without using glasses, and it wasn't until I took the picture that I realized how sloppy I was! - I need to start using glasses whenever I draw.




My brothers would like to meat ... errr meet you.


Other posts with Graham's designs:


Show all





2 comments:

  1. Got a HUGE smile out of me, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a winning design. Happy Birthday my balloon twisting boy! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete