Tuesday, November 22, 2016

November 22 - Buster's Turkey


You're sublime, You're a turkey dinner.
You're the time of the Derby winner.
I'm a toy balloon that is fated soon to pop.
But if, Baby, I'm the bottom,
You're the top!

~ Cole Porter You're The Top
(Anything Goes)

Frequent Flyers was a project put together by Phileas Flash earlier this year to benefit Warchild.uk.org, an organization dedicated to helping children victimized by war.

Buster Balloon's contribution was his usual awesome, he made a "frequent fryer", with his ingredients measured out in cups and diced in mise en place cups (always use fresh, never frozen!).  There is a link to the right with all of my entries in the contest, but here is the one I made for this design:



Even though the tail is simple, it was one of the more difficult to make.  It has an interesting style, but it is held together with glue dots rather than twisting.  I didn't have any so I had to make due with rubber cement - which popped a couple of the balloons immediately when touching them with it.  I'm not sure why ... It probably warrants investigation.



Thanks for inviting me to dinner, but I'm already stuffed

There's a fowl odor in the air ...

Could be worse ... could be tofurkey.




Other posts with Busters's designs: Show all

2 comments: