Sunday, November 6, 2016

November 6 - Odie


“A dog reflects the family life. Whoever saw a frisky dog in a gloomy family, or a sad dog in a happy one? Snarling people have snarling dogs, dangerous people have dangerous ones.”

~ Arthur Conan Doyle
   The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes

Today we're visiting another Patrick Van de Ven PDF - this time his Odie.

I've been a long time fan of the Garfield comic strip, Jim Davis does a fantastic job capturing such relatable housepets.  I see elements of Odie in all of my dogs, I see elements Garfield in all of my cats.  I built Juho Hokkanen's Garfield earlier in this exercise, so it's only fitting that I would make his companion.

This one is built in an interesting and different way, I really enjoy how well Patrick captured the large open cartoon mouth.  I made the tail way too long on the second build, but I think I got the face a little tighter.


Today's been ruff ..

Overdose?

Let's have a toast if you're purebred


Other posts with Patrick's designs:


Show all

2 comments: