Thursday, November 24, 2016

November 24 - Big Pilgrim


My country 'tis of thee
Sweet land of liberty
Of thee I sing
Land where my fathers died
Land of the pilgrim's pride
From every mountainside
Let freedom ring

~ My Country 'Tis of Thee

Happy Thanksgiving!

These are CJ Nelson's Big Pilgrim, available at Twisters Cookbook in his Pilgrim series (link). With this video instruction is also the smaller versions I posted earlier this week (link) as well as a candy cup smaller version of these larger heads.

CJ is both creative and insightful in his designs.  This pilgrim torso is put together in a fairly elegant way, much more efficiently than a standard 4-bubble torso.

This marks the last of the Thanksgiving holiday designs, I had something else planned for today when I realized my mistake, so I made these in somewhat of a rush late last night (much of yesterday was taken with dress rehearsal and our performance of Carmina Burana). I think this speaks to how effective CJ is at teaching that I didn't have to redo anything and was done when the video's completed (each was about 30 minutes).  I can always nitpick things I could do better next time, but generally I think I got his form.

The turkey is a quickly made design by JJ Szabo.  I think it's a great use of a balloon with a tail (either 321 or more plump as a quick link) and reminds me of an Aardman creation.

I hope you have a delicious Thanksgiving!



Two pilgrims ... and a Turkey in a Fall tree.


Other posts with CJ's designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the smiles!!! Sending them back for you and the family! Hugs all around!

    ReplyDelete