Wednesday, November 9, 2016

November 9 - Caterpillar


How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!

How cheerfully he seems to grin
How neatly spreads his claws
And welcomes little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!

~ Lewis Carroll - The Caterpillar's poem    Alice in Wonderland

This is another attempt to copy one of Masayoshi Matsumoto masterpieces.  Despite the appearances in the bottom image - it's actually quite large, about 3 feet long.

I don't mean to repeat myself, but I can't help but reiterate how much I really enjoy Mr. Matsumoto's ability to capture such amazing forms in his artwork.  These are a challenge to figure out and I've only attempted a couple of the "easier" ones at this point.  They pale in comparison to his masterful work, but overall I'm pretty pleased with how they have turned out.

Who .. are ...  you?

Call Alice, when she's ten feet tall!

One Sunday morning the warm sun came up and - pop! - out of the egg came a tiny and very hungry caterpillar.


Other posts with Masayoshi Matsumoto's designs:


Show all

1 comment: