Monday, November 28, 2016

November 28 - Sabina's Parrot


"When eagles are silent, parrots begin to chatter."

~ Winston Churchill

Sabina Kellner has a PDF that shows off her neat weaving technique, but you'll have to contact her directly on Facebook to purchase it.

You can use it to weave both circles and straight lines - everything holds together very tightly, and she does a great job with both computer art and photos to show you how to use it, taking you through a number of designs to practice along the way of learning.  This parrot design is the reason I bought the PDF, I love the look of these wings!  This technique works great for feathers, fish scales, flower petals, a cloak or a good variety of other things that look good in a pattern.

I tried making a different color parrot and switched up the wings a little bit - but I attached them backwards and they took some effort and tying to get to keep their form.  The only thing that worries me about this design is I think it might be a short lived creation using all those 160's and manhandling them into place.

Great technique to play with!



Cheese!

1 comment: