Saturday, November 5, 2016

November 5 - Seagull


“We can lift ourselves out of ignorance, we can find ourselves as creatures of excellence and intelligence and skill. We can be free! We can learn to fly!”

~ Richard Bach John Livingston Seagull

This seagull is one of the PDF's Patrick Van de Ven offers, one of the first few he created I believe.

This design fits the mold of what I see to be Patrick's style - simple in form, elegant in design.  I really like the way the attachment for the wings creates a more organic looking neck.  This is quickly assembled, and by slightly modifying a few things I can easily see this used for a number of medium sized birds.

In fact, Patrick included a bonus PDF with a few extra designs and suggestions of how to turn this into a hawk.




Mine?

Hi-ya!  I'm Steven Seagull.  

They just wanna, they just wanna - gulls just want to have fun.


Other posts with Patrick's designs:


Show all

1 comment: