Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December 14 - Santas

He had a broad face
And a round little belly
That shook when he laughed
Like a bowl full of jelly

He was chubby and plump
A right jolly old elf
I laughed when I saw him
In spite of myself

~ 'Twas the Night Before Christmas

I just returned late from our Joy to the Season holiday concert, so I haven't had much spare time in the past couple days between that and our dress rehearsal.  So I turned to Sergey Loginov for another fantastic and quick balloon - these Santa.

I shouldn't shy away from line work balloons by the mere fact that they are simple in design, oftentimes they take advantage of balloons in ways that are more intuitive than you are required to be in a big build.  This is a good example, Sergey leaves enough air in places and pushes it around to other sections so you don't have to tear off and retie balloons to use in other sections.

I do not mean any offense by representing Santa's in other holidays of the season, I embrace corny ideas.  So I made one for Hanukkah, one for Kwanzaa and one representing Ded Moroz (the grandfather of Snegurochka).





I'm hanging four stockings this year!

Other posts with Sergey's designs:


Show all




1 comment: