Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December 21 - Snowflake


Let the winter sun shine on
Let me feel the frost of dawn
Fill my dreams with flakes of snow
Soon I'll feel the chilling glow

~ Black Sabbath Snow Blind

This snowflake design is the most recent video from Vyacheslav Andrienko, one of a few different snowflakes he teaches on his YouTube channel (link).   (I just now went and counted -- there are six!)  This one has a well thought out efficiency in design and is a good exercise for working with 160's which can be frustratingly fragile at times if you are not careful.

I imagine it a difficult thing to teach balloon art when you speak a different language, but not so for Vyacheslav - long before he was putting English subtitles into his videos, he was still able to communicate very clearly by carefully showing his finger measurements.  Indeed I still find myself following his fingers more than I do the precise lengths that are given in the text.

There is a wealth of balloon twisting knowledge on his channel, from simple techniques and weaves to decor to complex sculptures, all generously made available for free - over 350 at this point by my count.  Frankly I'm a bit shocked that this is the first of his designs that I have used on the blog, being that I have made so many of them in the past to experiment with and play.  I suppose I get distracted by the tutorials that I have purchased ...






Caught one!  

Other posts with Vyacheslav's designs: Show all

1 comment: