Thursday, December 22, 2016

December 22 - Cindy Lou Who

Everyone on Facebook likes John Justice a lot,
His awesome balloon art sure hits the spot.
Daily creations for over 300 moons,
Are always inspired, they're Splendid Balloons.

One day I was browsing, and what did I see?
A small balloon girl who was not more than three,
Little Cindy Lou Who, had woken up early,
Held an oversize ornament, that crazy girlie!

The penwork fantastic, the antennae wired,
Proportions right on, it was artwork inspired.
I knew I must try it, this impressive balloon,
I finished my work and began it at noon.

One head, four heads, (or is it foreheads?) I tried,
I struggled with latex distortions, I cried,
I wouldn't give up, would not budge an inch,
This was driving me nuts, I felt like a Grinch.




I had to keep trying - push came to shove,
When I heard a small sound like the coo of a dove.
I turned around fast and I saw a small Who,
(It must have been another, and not Cindy Lou.)

"You don't need perfection, if you want my advice,
Just do your best, don't be so precise."
Then I thunk and I thunk 'til my puzzler was sore,
"Maybe balloon art means a little bit more,
than just copying something you've seen before..."

... and what happened then? Well on Facebook they say,
That I got myself out of my own way.
Here is my best attempt I can make at this Who,
An homage to Sir John and my gift to you.


Happy Holidays everyone!







Other posts with John's designs:


Show all

2 comments: