Saturday, December 31, 2016

December 31 - Purple Pig


“In each human heart are a tiger, a pig, an ass and a nightingale. Diversity of character is due to their unequal activity.”

~ Ambrose Bierce

I find it fitting that the final design of the year is a purple pig.

It has been quite a journey, what started out as an impulse using the blogger app from my new phone and uploading directly from that, to the weird ideas of morphing pigs, to launching the Facebook page, to terrible (and glorious) puns, to where we are today. ... and in similar fashion to that beginning, I still have no idea what will become of tomorrow.

Though this project initially was set to be a year of exploration, I enjoy the challenge and feel that continuing in fashion benefits my growth as a balloon artist. That said, there really should be some sort of evolution or growth not just to mark the year transition, but to force me to get out of what has become a 'comfortable rut'.

Will it still be in the same format? Will it still be daily? Will the changes happen right away? Will Ferrell? I suppose we will have to figure that out together. I told myself in the beginning that I wouldn't abide by any rules, save one - that Purple should be in at least one image.

These pigs were inspired by Linda Truscheit, her head concept is one of my favorite and makes for giant eyes and adorably chubby faces.

Happy New Years Eve!




Other posts with Linda's designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. What a year!!! Thank you for the smile that started each day of it. Hugs and best wishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete