Wednesday, January 18, 2017

January 18 - Cockatoo


I was striking, suave, ambitious.
Feet to beak. So bodylicious.
Now I am wild. I am villainous and vicious.
Oh! And malicious.
I had it all. A TV show. Women too!
I was tall, over one foot two!
And then they got a pretty parakeet to fill my shoes.
That's why I'm so evil why I do what I do!

~ Nigel Rio

My wife is away on business so I had a pretty busy day between work and kids and choir practice, not much time for balloons so I played it safe and made something that wouldn't need a lot of rework and wasn't too complicated.

This design is one from my Linda Truscheit inspiration folder, and when I looked up some of the previous versions of this bird I had built for this blog, I realize I have mislabelled them as cockatiel (link and link). They are both crested birds, but a cockatiel is a distinct and smaller bird in the cockatoo family and is typically grey with yellow and orange faces, whereas a cockatoo is typically larger and solid white or black. A cockatiel is a better starter pet bird, whereas a cockatoo is like having a pet 2 year old who is loud and needs a lot of mental stimulation. "The more you know ..."

But before I had all this info I built one in lime green ... (with his feet upside down)




Next time we should hang out at my place ...


Other posts with Truscheit-style:


Show all Truscheit-style designs

1 comment: