Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 31 - Twirl


When in doubt, Twirl.

~ Ted Shawn

I have brought in a few balloons for people at my son's dance studio.  Late last week they were having a photo shoot to showcase their new winter session toddler dance class (ages 3-5 -- is that toddler still?),  It's called "Twirl", so they asked me a couple days before if I could come up with some sort of balloon letters.  No real color/style/other directions.

I tried a number of styles, gigantic letters with outlines, making a woven background and rubber cementing 160 cursive letters, nothing was really exciting me ... I ended up taking a step back and just making twirled balloons, which in hindsight was the approach I should have started with, after all it is in the class name!

I dropped off a bag with the letters and a bunch of flower bracelets a my son's rehearsal the night before, not really feeling great about the design - so I was pleasantly surprised when I received a glowing email thanking me and these images!




... and a one, and a two, three, four, five, six ... seven ... okay, where's Jenny? 

2 comments: