Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 29 - Quad Koala



When my youngest son was taking me to the movie Moana, the projector broke - so we were forced to go to the movie Sing instead.  As I reluctantly entered the theater, I asked if he would rather see Rogue One again which was starting about the same time ...  I'm glad he didn't go for it, because I rather enjoyed the movie.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's fantastic, but I did find myself emotionally involved in many of the sub stories that were part of it.  As a father, I'm a bit of a sucker for "looking for his parent approval" stories, and both the Koala and Gorilla did a great job at tugging my heartstrings.

I took inspiration for this Quad Koala from balloon artist and face painter - Maria Behrendt, who I noticed has a Facebook profile koala that uses a quad body type form.  Thanks Maria!

I first tried keeping it simple with no arms (green base), but when I built one with larger ears I couldn't resist adding hands and a bit of eucalyptus.  I think it rounds out the belly nicely.




1 comment: