Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January 10 - Juan's Superman


Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and your power are needed. Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you.... my only son.

~ Jor-El Superman: The Movie

I missed going to Florida Super Jam this year, the theme was superheroes.  A number of live videos have shown some of the creations that were made there.  This one caught my eye from a lesson Juan Gonzales was teaching.

I built this while looking at a freeze-frame from that video.

I'm not sure about the internal structures, the legs stand a little awkwardly, but it all kind of comes together with the cape locking them in.

The first built was the one without the extra hair, having such a thin face made his ears look huge and silly to me, so I tried to widen it out a bit and give him a hair part.



"Look up in the sky, it's a pig, it's a man -- it's ... both!"

Other posts with Juan's designs:


Show all


2 comments:

  1. Awesome start to my day! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! I like the added hair with the part!

    ReplyDelete