Friday, January 6, 2017

January 6 - Unsmooshable Lion


“Courage~ What makes the flag on the mast to wave? What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot?~Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz”

― L. Frank Baum The Wizard of Oz

The next in the line of unsmooshables is a lion.

I should point out that I'm not doing these with any sort of rhyme, reason or agenda -- I'm grabbing a color I haven't used before from my bag and deciding what it might be at that point.

The first built this time was the one with the extra long black nose and no tongue.  He sort of looks like he has a receding hairline.  I didn't change much in the second build except make the cheeks a little bit smaller and clean things up.

I really like the look adding the legs gives in a sitting pose.  I'm sure this would look fine in a standing pose like the earlier entries, but those tend to be more cartoonish.




We should go to the maul food court if you're hungry ... 

Other 'Unsmooshable' posts:


Show all







1 comment: