Saturday, January 7, 2017

January 7 - Unsmooshable Clowns


Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air.
Send in the clowns.

~ Stephen Sondheim Send in the Clowns

The next in the unsmooshable fashion line is the unsmooshable clown.

I bought these polka dot balloons about 2 years ago, thinking I would make some different style ladybugs, but haven't really used them much at all.  I'm so happy with how well they work for a clown body though.

The first clown I built was with the green body, he suffered from many of the "first build" problems and his blue mouth looks like he just ate a messy snowcone.   In fact, part of me didn't even want to use him in this post - except that I think he provides a perfect example of the value of practice.

The form is fairly simple so it really needs a good face to sell the design - so I played around with a couple blush balloons until I got something I liked when building my juggler.

It was when I was looking up some clown face ideas that I found Bozo and knew I had to build him.

I'm going to have to force myself to stop exploring ideas with this form - but I do still have one more design loaded into the queue for tomorrow.





Other 'Unsmooshable' posts:


Show all


1 comment: