Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 4 - Unsmooshable Pig


“Ever since the spider had befriended him, he had done his best to live up to his reputation. When Charlotte’s web said SOME PIG, Wilbur had tried hard to look like some pig. When Charlotte’s web said TERRIFIC, Wilbur had tried to look terrific. And now that the web said RADIANT, he did everything possible to make himself glow.”

~ E.B. White Charlotte's Web

There is an unwritten rule that every technique should be used to create a purple pig - so here is my attempt at recreating Purple using this technique.

This was supposed to be the first day I was away at my balloon event, the Florida Super Jam. However, we had a number of projects looking to get a fresh start in the new year, so I had to cancel at the last minute. This is a good thing I keep telling myself -- usually followed by a big exaggerated sigh.

For these balloons, I created the purple one first - the arms are made with a Lima twist, but I didn't really like the extra bobbles at the end, they actually are the same size even though they appear different in the picture of the two together. This is the first time I've tried a nose like this, I rather like it - I tried getting it a little more offset in the second.




Hand me some string, I'm going to add an 'S'

Other 'Unsmooshable' posts:


Show all


1 comment:

  1. Got a huge smile out of me. HUGS and thanks for the smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete