Saturday, January 14, 2017

January 14 - Linda's Penguin


There is a mysterious ritual that dates back thousands of years. No living creature has survived it except the penguin. They have wings but cannot fly. They're birds that think they're fish. And every year, they embark on a nearly impossible journey to find a mate. For twenty days and twenty nights the emperor penguin will march to a place so extreme it supports no other life. In the harshest place on Earth loves finds a way. This is the incredible true story of a family's journey to bring life into the world: March of the Penguins.

~ Narrator March of the Penguins

This penguin is another one from my Linda Truscheit inspiration folder that uses "Truscheit-style".  She has a knack for getting them so chubby cheek cute.  Hers didn't have arms, but I felt when I tried copying that it was missing - I probably didn't get the backside right, so I added.

This one took a few tries until I was satisfied with the neck connection, there is one that looked too weird to even post.  I also tried a couple different body types and ideas with attaching the feet, but with great shame I admit I attached them with rubber cement on my last attempt after getting frustrated and giving up trying to get them to sit right and have him stand up.

That's one of the complications with having to take a picture - things have to be able to stand or lean well enough to look good while I take the picture.




I've marched until April.  May I leave now, June?  (If julyke?)

Other posts with Truscheit-style:


Show all Linda's designs

1 comment: