Saturday, January 28, 2017

January 28 - Quad Penguin



Surf's Up is a animated mockumentary movie from 2007 about surfing penguins.  I saw it in the theater with my boys during the days when we would see just about anything animated.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I kind of enjoyed it - it was predictable, it was everything you thought it would be, it had an unlikable main character, but there were some pretty funny parts.  Chicken Joe is definitely a highlight.

This quad bod was another one that Jeffrey Hayes showed us in his webinar.

These simple concepts are fantastic, but it's evident to me that I didn't take very good notes in class. I didn't have a reference picture and once I started working out how I was going to stage the Purple shot, I noticed I should have made the bellies white so I had to build another.

I remember hearing in a Brian Potvin lecture at Bling Bling Jam how he builds everything three times before he calls it complete. I think this blog stands as evidence for the benefit in that. In the simplest form; a first build is an exploration, the second is a refinement and then the third is polish.







Other posts with Mr. Hayes' designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the smiles. I had forgotten this one and I going to have to play with it!

    ReplyDelete