Thursday, December 15, 2016

December 15 - Mario and Luigi




The Mountain Goats & Kaki King
Thank You Mario But Our Princess 
Is In Another Castle

I was going to use the 8-bit graphic from the original Mario game in place of a quote, but I stumbled across this video.  Enjoy!

Gino François is the inspiration for these balloons.  Gino has an interesting style to his videos where he is in clown garb and makeup, with classical music playing in the background.  Instead of talking he communicates by being very showing his finger measurements and twisting very close to the camera to demonstrate.  This is great because it makes his tutorials useable by everyone.

This Luigi came as a special request. My original ideas was to try and keep to the holiday vibe by making it a gift exchange between the two Bros., but those pictures didn't work out great and I'm not sure it's obvious without Santa hats or something.

Once I made Luigi I decide he was a little "wide-faced", so to make them fit together, I tried to make Mario have an even wider face, so I doubled up his shirt loops as well.




I told you the one thing I know how to say,
Through the bright ringing drone of 8-bit choirs.


Other posts with Gino's designs: Show all




1 comment: