Sunday, April 30, 2017

April 30 - Mordecai


Mordecai: I dont need to brag, I dont mean to boast, but here's some hummus for these mini toasts!
Rigby: HUMMUS!
Mordecai: HUMMUUS!
Both: HUUUMMUUUS!!!
Benson: Why are you guys yelling "hummus"?

The Regular Show Party Pete episode

Cartoons evolved from when I was younger, much the same way as the Rolling Stones weren't permitted to sing "let's spend the night together" compared to modern lyrics, now cartoons are able to explore crazy plotlines.

The Regular Show is one of the great cartoons on the Cartoon Network.  Mordecai the blue jay and Rigby the raccoon are the two protagonists and lazy park employees who get into a heap of trouble every episode, oftentimes potentially destroying the universe.

Whereas Adventure Time plots might start off weird (rescue the gumdrop princess from the swamp of the tar witch), Regular Show typically starts in a fairly mundane way and goes off the rails from there.  I saw one recently (an older one) where Mordecai accidently sees Pops naked and spends the whole time trying to erase it from his memory, but the one that really stands out as bizarre is when Rigby gets another job at a snack shop where he eats so much his spine decides to abandon his body and he's left as an amorphous blob.

This Mordecai uses Eric Weinstein's sweet cheeks concept.  I tried two versions - but thought the first was a little chubby for his form.  It was the more poseable of the two though and probably works best, but I wanted something skinnier.

We are at the end of the month, I do love these sweet cheeks - but I am going to force myself to try and move on to the 9th and 10th balloon concepts in May.








Other Sweet Cheeks designs:


Show all








1 comment: