Friday, April 14, 2017

April 14 - Little Purple Pigs


Bourgeois Pig, you got too big
You forgot where you came from

You big pop star, you took it too far
You better get humble and then some

~ Styx - Bourgeois Pig

It's that time again!

I said at the start of this year I would try to use every technique along the way to make a purple pig.
This was a little bit of a struggle to be honest.  The balloon concept is fairly simple, so there is no "standard" way to create this pig.

The biggest struggle I faced was how I would create the ears.  My first attempt was the toothy one below, but they seemed too low on the head so I built the dark purple guy, and now the ears were too high, and though the body was a little cleaner it looked even weirder.

In my final attempt, I changed the shape of the top of the head to get them on the side and made his hooves reach the ground.  I like it the best of the three, but honestly if I wasn't out of town - these probably would never be posted and I would have tried another three attempts.

What I do like - is the new nose that was suggested I use, which fittingly enough was taught at a convention by Patrick Van de Ven.








Other Little Guys:


Show all

1 comment: