Monday, April 3, 2017

April 3 - Little Clowns


Dare to leap, leap from ledges high and wide
Learn to speak, speak with wisdom like a child
Directly to the heart
Crown yourself the king of clowns or stand way back apart
But never give your love my friend unto a foolish heart
Unto a foolish heart

~ Grateful Dead Foolish Heart

Playing around more with Patrick Van de Ven's Little Guy form, these are some clowns he showed in the extras on his PDF.

I enjoy building clowns, you can pretty much pick any color at random and make it part of the tacky ensemble that makes up their costume. Patrick went that brilliant step further and showed how he would make a mime.

In exploring each of these balloon concepts, my goal is to launch into my own creations, but the PDF is thick with great suggestions like these of what to do and I'm finding it hard to get off the page because I want to build them all. I'm giving myself somewhat of a break (keeping myself in denial?) though since they aren't "tutorials" as much as they are suggestions ... with images.






Other Little Guys:


Show all

1 comment: