Monday, April 24, 2017

April 24 - Conrad Frappuccino


Agnes: Oh, my gosh look at that fluffy unicorn! ... He's so fluffy, I'm gonna die!

~ Despicable Me (2010)

Being that choir season has ended, I'm no longer frequenting the Starbucks along that path. They are always so enthusiastic about receiving balloon art that I wanted to make something nice and big as a "farewell for the summer". Though I've previously made a version on Conrad last year (link), I thought timing was perfect for a making him again.

The day of Unicorn Frappuccino's has passed, I think the world might be better off without it.  (Though I never tried one - the very idea terrified me.)


Carolynn Hayman has become quite a media superstar making this unicorn - this was originally created for Twist & Shout 2016 but Conrad (and Carolynn) has been all over for events and even a daytime news show.

In my attempt, the body came together very easily and the head was equally easy to make - it was marrying the two that was the more difficult part, getting a good arc and keeping a "horse head shape". Thankfully there is a rainbow unicorn mane to distract from that!






1 comment: